Prickly Pear Seed Oil
What is Prickly Pear Seed oil?
Prickly Pear Seed Oil, Opuntia Ficus Indica, Barbary Fig Oil or Cactus oil, no matter what you prefer to call it, it is truly a magical oil. The oil is extracted from the seeds of Ficus Indica plant and it takes over 1 million seeds and over 36 hours of manual labor to produce a single liter of oil.
Originally a native of Mexico, today Prickly pear plant freely grows in Morocco without any human intervention or fertilizers. Historically, it was used in Aztec medicine to cure rheumatism, broken bones and even to soothe burns. In modern times, Prickly Pear Seed Oil has become the most potent and luxury natural ingredient in the beauty industry. It is mainly used mainly in skincare, as a luxurious facial oil.
Prickly Pear Seed oil is unique when it comes to its anti-aging properties. It contains exceptionally high amounts of linoleic acid, phytosterols, polyphenols, and Vitamin E. It not only helps skin retain moisture but also stimulates healthy cell production and provides protection skin aging environmental radicals.
- Linoleic acid is the major fatty acid (61.01%), followed by oleic (25.52%) and palmitic (12.23%) acids.
- Calcium 471.2 mg/kg, potassium 532.7 mg/kg, magnesium 117.3 mg/kg, phosphorus 1,627.5 mg/kg and natrium 71.3 mg/kg.
Skincare/ Antiaging benefits:
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial
- Protection from free radicals
- Skin appears visibly brighter and radiant
- Makes pores appear small
- Relieves and hydrates dry skin
- Reduces the appearance of under-eye circles and lines
- Softens skin
- Improves cell turnover
- Boosts collagen production
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots and acne scars
How to use?
Prickly Pear Seed oil is a luxurious oil that can be directly applied to the face and the under eye.
How do we use it?
- Radiance - Pure Prickly Pear Seed Facial Oil is the purest form of prickly pear seed oil without any preservatives, fragrance or other oils. Radiance can be used as a stand-alone skincare product for face. It is also an excellent under eye oil for its anti-aging and depigmentation properties.
- Repair - Prickly Pear Seed oil is the first primary ingredient in our anti-aging serum. In addition to Prickly Pear, it also consists, Argan Oil, Royal Jelly, Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, Borage oil, Evening primrose oil, and Rosehip oil.
- Renew – Prickly Pear Seed Oil is also an active ingredient in our overnight cream with hazelnut oil, borage oil, argan oil and vitamin C.
Our Prickly Pear Seed oil is USDA certified organic, cold pressed and manufactured in small batches. It is suitable for all skin types and even for sensitive skin.