Most people think beauty oils are a new beauty must-do, but that not true. Natural oils have been a beauty staple for centuries. Argan, Prickly Pear, Coconut, Jojoba- natural oils excellent moisturizers and are often full anti-oxidants making them a potent anti-aging treatment as well.
Let's look at the truth behind using oil as part of your skincare routine:
- Oils are anti-aging: All oils have anti-oxidants, and they can protect and even reverse damage caused by UV light.
- Anti-inflammatory: Some oils like argan and rosehip oil are anti-inflammatory and can help reduce skin irritation.
- Non-comedogenic: Oils like prickly pear seed oil are lightweight and non-comedogenic, which means that they don't clog your pores. This makes prickly pear seed oil suitable for all skin types, even acne-prone skin.
- Hydrating: Oils contain essential fatty acids which your skin needs to stay hydrated. Essential fatty acids also help lock moisture into our skin.
- Regenerating: Oils like prickly pear seed oil also help boost skin's renewal process. It makes them excellent for acne scars and even stretch marks.
How to use natural oil on your skincare routine?
Heavy oils like coconut oil are good for cleansing and moisturizing. However, such oils are not suitable as a leave-on, especially on the face. Heavy oils are amazing for hands and body during the harsh winter months. Lightweight oils like prickly pear seed oil get easily absorbed in the skin, making them excellent for the face.
Apply 2-3 drops of lightweight oil to the skin after cleansing and toning. I like to spritz a hydrating toner like organic rose water before applying prickly pear seed oil, followed by a thicker moisturizer to lock all the moisture inside my skin.
For the body, I like to apply argan oil as it is a bit thicker and keeps my body moisturized the entire day.
Drop me an email or comment below if you have a question on how to integrate natural oils in your skincare routine.